The conferencing system
Breakroom prioritizes ease-of-use. Learn how all of the built-in conferencing system elements fit together—including voice zones, webcams, and more—and how you can tailor them to suit your needs.
Breakroom's conferencing system components are built around the user. Whether it's providing a simple teleport bar to help conference-goers rush from panel to panel, or giving employees the ability to cheer each other on, we've made the process of virtual collaboration simple and satisfying.
The conference system consists of:
- Voice chat, including custom voice zones.
- Webcam streaming that can accommodate multiple simultaneous users.
- Screen sharing, and the ability to manipulate and control the screens you see.
- Navigation tools that allow users to teleport instantly to a new location.
- Moderation controls that allow you to keep communication and traffic flowing.
- Scheduling tools that communicate your project goals and keep your team organized.
- Interactive emotes and gestures that bring your event to life.
In this section of our documentation, we'll explore all of these features in greater depth. Get to know the different parts of the conferencing system, and learn more about how you can maximize productivity through Breakroom's built-in scheduling software and top-down event controls.
A screenshot of a Breakroom region, with assorted UI elements framing the screen.
The conference system UI components are arranged across the top and sides of your screen. We will now explore each component in more detail.
The General Navigation bar offers users quick teleport links to key areas within each region. If seats are available in a particular area, teleporting will also automatically assign users a seat.
The heart of the conferencing system, these five buttons allow you and your users to interact through voice chat, webcam streaming, and screen sharing.
This panel is visible on the right side of the screen when activated, and can be set up to offer direct teleport links to any voice zone that is not listed in either the General Navigation bar or Breakout Rooms bar. You can learn more about creating custom voice zones and adding them to the Areas of Interest panel here.
The location of the moderator controls.
Owners, Administrators, and Moderators can access the moderator controls by clicking the Key button located on the right side of the screen. You can learn more about Breakroom's moderation tools here.