Comment on page
Breakroom Image Viewer
Create opportunities for user interaction by branding your event with engaging signage and imagery. Read on for more information about installing and setting up the Breakroom Image Viewer.
The Breakroom Image Viewer allows you to upload still images—including your company logo, informational signage, and event branding or advertising—and display them almost anywhere in your world. You can also create clickable images that will direct users to a website of your choice.
In your inventory, you'll see the Breakroom Image Viewer represented by this icon:
To get started, you'll need to place an image viewer in your region by using the Region Editor. Once you've closed the Region Editor, you can then choose the image you want to display and adjust the image viewer settings. Finally, you'll return to the Region Editor to resize and move your finished image viewers into position.
The administration panel is only accessible to the object Owner and Region Administrators. To access it, click on the Breakroom Image Viewer and then click the Open Admin button.
When the object Owner or a Region Administrator clicks on a Breakroom Image Viewer, the above menu appears.
When end users click on a web-enabled image viewer, they will see a button labeled Open URL. Clicking this button will open the image viewer's associated URL in an external browser tab on their own computer.
The administration panel allows you to select the image you want to display and configure the image viewer's URL settings.
Pairing event posters with clickable signage can help users find the information they need.
To set up the Breakroom Image Viewer, follow the steps below.
- 1.Click on the Breakroom Image Viewer you want to edit.
- 2.Click the Open Admin button.
- 3.Click the Upload Image button to select a new image from your computer, or click the Image Library button to browse through images you've already uploaded to Breakroom.
- 4.Add a URL if you want to direct users to an external website when they click the image viewer. Leave the URL field blank if you do not want this functionality.
- 5.Your selected image will be displayed in the preview window. Make sure everything looks good, and then click the Save button.
- 6.The Breakroom Image Viewer will automatically adjust its dimensions to match the aspect ratio of the image displayed on it. As a result, you may find that a finished image panel cuts through the floor of your region, or is otherwise too large or small for its intended purpose. Luckily, the Region Editor allows you to adjust the position, rotation, and scale of the image viewer at any time.
Best practice tip: To resize an image viewer while maintaining the proper aspect ratio, hold down the Shift key while dragging the scaling gizmo. This will allow you to make the image viewer larger or smaller without distorting the image.
For optimum performance, images have a 5MB size limit. We recommend that image files used for signage or decorative purposes be no longer than 1024 pixels along one side.