Exploring your world
There's no need for airports or carpool lanes in the metaverse—get exactly where you need to go using Breakroom's suite of teleportation tools.
Teleportation gives users the ability to travel instantly to different locations both within and between regions. In this section, we'll take a look at Breakroom's navigation tools and explain how they can be used to explore your dynamic virtual world.
Highlighted: The location of the Explore button.
The Explore window.
The Explore window contains a search function, as well as several category tabs designed to assist with region navigation and promotion. Here is a brief overview of the associated UI.
Highlighted: The General Navigation bar, Breakout Rooms bar, and the Areas of Interest panel.
Landmarks are currently being rebranded as bookmarks. You may see both terms used in the existing Breakroom UI.
Bookmarks are like virtual "pins" tacked on Breakroom's metaverse map. By making a bookmark and adding it to your inventory, you can save the coordinates of a particular region you might like to revisit. You can also share these bookmarks with other users, allowing them to travel in your footsteps.
The bookmark icon.
To create a bookmark, follow these steps.
- 1.Navigate your avatar to the region where you want to create a bookmark. Make sure your avatar is standing exactly where you want users to land.
- 3.In the dialog box that appears, enter a name for your bookmark and click the OK button. This will create a bookmark object in your inventory.
Several bookmark icons in the Inventory window.
To use a bookmark from your inventory, follow these steps.
- 2.An Inventory window will open. Click the Bookmark category in the left-hand menu.
- 3.Locate the bookmark you want to use, and click on it. In the action menu that appears (pictured above), click the Teleport button.
To rename a bookmark, click the Rename button in the bookmark action menu and enter the new name when prompted. To delete a bookmark from your inventory, click the Delete button.
The only way to share a bookmark with another user is to attach it to an in-world email. Once they have accepted your attachment, the recipient will be able to use and edit the bookmark as described above. Please see our email documentation for more information.
You can always meet up with other users by teleporting to their location, or by asking them to join you. There are multiple ways to accomplish this.
- 1.If the other user is listed as a contact in your People list, click on their name and then click Teleport to Player in the action menu that appears. Your contact will see a pop-up asking them to grant or deny your request.
- 2.If the other user is not yet one of your contacts, you can use the search field at the top of the People tab to search for a full or partial name. Results will be returned under the Everyone category. Once you've found the right person, click on their name and then click Teleport to Player. As above, the other user will be see a pop-up asking them to grant or deny your request.
To ask a user to join you, repeat the steps outlined above, but click the Invite Here action. The other user will receive your teleport invitation, and will have the option to accept or dismiss it.