If your World Stream event will include more than 50 people, you will need to reserve virtual machines in advance. Learn more about pre-allocation campaigns, and how to submit a reservation.
In order to provide users with our World Stream service, Breakroom makes use of "virtual machines" that process and stream your content. The number of on-demand World Stream machines is limited to a maximum of 100 per world. This means that at any given time, you can host up to 100 concurrent World Stream users without any special accommodations.
However, for events where you anticipate hosting more than 100 World Stream users, you must request pre-allocation. This will reserve the number of virtual machines required for your special event, ensuring that everything goes off without a hitch.
- When pre-allocating virtual machines for your event, the baseline maximum of 100 users should not be taken into account while planning. Instead, please be careful to specify the exact number of users who will be attending your event. For example, if 101 people RSVP to your event, you would request pre-allocation for 101 users.
- The maximum number of users World Stream can accommodate at this time is 1000. The system will not permit you to book an event for more than 1000 users.
- Please note that each reservation must be made for a minimum of one hour.
- When a live event consumes all pre-allocated World Credits due to longer than expected event duration or higher than expected user count, a notification will be sent to the world Owner and Administrators. World Credits will then be automatically deducted from the account to cover login time, provided the Breakroom account has World Credits available.
- When making your reservation, please book for the maximum number of users for the longest duration required.
- All reservations must be submitted a minimum of 48 hours prior to the event.
Pre-allocation campaigns require advance payment in the form of World Credits. The required amount of World Credits will be deducted from your account when you submit your pre-allocation campaign request. World Credits can be purchased during the pre-allocation process if needed.
Whether a pre-allocation campaign can be canceled or advance payment refunded depends on several factors, including when cancelation is requested and whether the submitted event has been approved by staff.
The automated pre-allocation system built into the Dashboard will not allow you to cancel less than 24 hours before your approved event start time. In these cases, we may be able to manually cancel your event. Please contact our Customer Success Team by submitting a support ticket through the Dashboard.
If we are unable to cancel your event prior to five minutes before start time, your advance payment will not be refundable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
To submit a pre-allocation request, please follow the steps below.
- 1.Navigate to your Dashboard.
- 2.Click on the World Stream tab.
- 3.Scroll down to the Pre-allocation panel and click the Book Pre-Allocation button. This will expand the panel.
- 5.Then, select either a One-time Reservation or a Recurring Reservation.
- 1.For a one-time reservation, select your event date using the calendar.
- 2.For a recurring reservation, select both your Start Date and End Date. Once you specify these dates, the weekday buttons will become active. Click on the days for which you are requesting pre-allocation. (E.g. Every Saturday over the specified time period.)
- 6.After you have selected your event day(s), use the Start time and End time drop-down menus to specify the time duration for your event. (Note: Reservations must be a minimum of one hour in length.)
- 7.Enter the number of users who will be accessing your event in the Number of users field.
- 8.Review the pricing breakdown. Remember: Pre-allocation campaigns require advance payment in the form of World Credits. The specified number of World Credits will be deducted from your balance after you confirm the booking.
- 9.When you are satisfied with your choices, click the Request Pre-Allocation button.
After you submit your request, our Customer Success Team will review the details and get in touch to let you know if it has been approved or declined.