Designating triage zones
You care about your clients—and so do we. Learn how you can designate any voice zone a "triage zone," where you can offer users passive or active technical assistance.
Breakroom offers world Owners and their users a variety of support resources, including:
However, for large events you may want to designate a triage zone where attendees can access immediate technical assistance. By specifying a triage zone in the Start Here UI, you will add a button that attendees can click to teleport directly to your support area. Moderators can also send attendees to the triage area using the teleportation options built into the moderator controls.
The Start Here UI.
It is important to note that triage zones are merely quick-teleport destinations available through the Start Here UI. They have no special functionality. Instead, you will need to make key decisions about the way you use your triage area based on the needs of your audience.
If you have a large team, you may want to train several "triage leaders" who will actively staff the triage zone for the duration of your event. Triage leaders could be trained to:
- Communicate with users via text and voice chat.
- Troubleshoot any issues that are preventing users from participating fully in the event.
If you have a small team, you may opt to offer passive assistance with or without a limited triage leader presence. This might look like:
- Tutorial or troubleshooting videos accessible through Breakroom Video Players, with or without links.
After setting up a breakout area or custom voice zone, you can specify it as a triage zone by following the steps below.
- 1.Log in to your Breakroom world and navigate your avatar to the region you would like to edit.
- 2.Open the Region Editor by clicking the Edit Region button at the bottom of your screen.
- 4.In the Objects window, locate the Start Here UI object. (Tip: You can use the search field at the top of the window to search for a specific object.) Click on the object name to launch the Inspector window.
- 5.In the Inspector window, locate the RoomFurniture component (highlighted above). Expand it by clicking the > arrow.
- 6.Locate the Triage Zone field. Into this field, enter the name of the zone you want to designate as the triage zone. (In the example above, we have named a custom voice zone Triage Zone, as highlighted in the Objects window.)
- 7.Click the Reset Zones button to reset the conferencing system.
- 8.Click the Save button to store your changes. Click the Close button to exit the Region Editor.
- 9.Leave the region and return to activate the Get Help button in the Start Here UI.