Increase participant engagement (and track analytics in real time) by integrating Slido with Breakroom's conferencing system.
Slido integration overview
Slido is a third-party application that allows you to solicit audience questions, encourage participant collaboration, and conduct user polls. If you like, you can use a Slido event in place of Breakroom's built-in question management system.
An example of the Slido interface in a Breakroom region.
Activating Slido in your region
To use Slido in your Breakroom region, follow the steps below.
Sign in to your Slido account and set up a new Slido event.
Add the questions, polls, and other user engagement tools you would like to use to the new event and save it.
The Slido event page, with the share link option highlighted.
3. On the Slido event page, click the Share drop-down menu, and then click on Share link with participants. This will copy the Slido event link to your clipboard.
4. Log in to Breakroom and navigate your avatar to the region where you want to use Slido.
5. Click the Moderator controls/Key button located on the right side of the screen.
6. Click the Participation button (highlighted above).
The Slido URL input window.
7. Paste your Slido event URL into the Participation URL window, and click the Set button.
To deactivate Slido integration, follow these steps.
Navigate your avatar to the appropriate region.
Click the Moderator controls/Key button located on the right side of the screen.
Click the Participation button.
Highlight the Slido URL and delete it.
Click the Set button.
Accessing the Slido interface
When users click on the Question button in the reactions bar, they will now see a Slido interface appear on the right side of their screens, along with Close and Refresh buttons. The content of the interface will vary depending on the Slido options you have selected.
An example of how the Slido interface may appear to end users.
Questions will no longer be routed through the Breakroom moderator controls. If you wish to turn off Slido and revert to using Breakroom's built-in systems, follow the deactivation steps outlined above.
Even if users have allowed cookies on the Slido site, they will also need to enable cookies in Breakroom via the in-world Slido interface. Please remind your users to accept cookies from Slido when prompted.