Seats and licenses
With Breakroom, it's easy to make room for everyone to join the conversation. Add persistent or temporary seats to your account with just a few clicks, and watch relationships blossom.
Seats represent the number of registered users who can access your virtual world. You can add more seats if you need them, up to the maximum number allowed by your subscription plan. With our Team, Professional, and Enterprise subscription plans, you can also add an unlimited number of temporary seats to your world by purchasing Weekly Passes.
Seats function as end user licenses, as well as an indicator of maximum user capacity. If you need more seats than the maximum permitted by your subscription plan, you can upgrade to the next subscription level at any time using the Dashboard.
To help you get the most out of this section of our Breakroom documentation, let's define a few new terms.
Persistent seats: When we describe a seat as persistent, we're contrasting it against a temporary seat. Persistent seats include the default number of seats included with your subscription plan, as well as any extra non-Weekly Pass seats you purchase. It may be helpful to envision persistent seats as any seats that you pay for on a monthly or annual basis.
Temporary seats: By referring to a seat as temporary, we're indicating that we expect this seat to be deducted from your pool of available seats at some point. Normally this applies to seats added to your account through the purchase of Weekly Passes.
World Owners can specify the number of persistent seats needed during the initial Breakroom subscription process. Owners and World Administrators can also add seats at any time through the Dashboard.
The Add Seats drop-down menu, accessible on the subscription purchase page.
During your initial purchase, click on the Add Seats drop-down menu to see a list of seat options ranging from your plan's default number of seats (at the lower end) up to the maximum allowed by that subscription plan (at the higher end). Select the total number of seats that you want, and you will see a breakdown that details:
- The default number of seats included with your plan (in the example picture above, 250 seats),
- The number of extra seats that you want to add (in the picture above, 50 seats),
- The price you will be charged for adding those extra persistent seats.
Once you've selected the total number of persistent seats you want, your order summary will update. You will be charged for the extra seats on a per-seat basis.
To purchase additional persistent seats through the Dashboard, follow these steps.
- 1.Navigate to your Dashboard.
- 2.Click on the Billing tab.
- 3.Click on the Manage Plan link found in the My Plan panel (highlighted in the image above).
- 4.In the Manage Plan window that opens, scroll down to the section entitled Add Seats. Click the V arrow to expand this section if it is not already open.
5. Use the Add Seats drop-down menu to indicate the total number of seats you need for your world. 6. Review the order summary information provided. 7. Once you are satisfied with your changes, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Continue button. Confirm your changes in the dialog box that appears.